If you are installing Tenda wifi extender device for your network then you will need to secure your device. If you explore our website, you will find that there are many advance settings that are possible so that you can easily secure your Tenda wifi extender device.
In this article we are going to explain the steps for changing the SSID name and wifi access password for Tenda wifi extender devices. If you do not know what is SSID then let me tell you that SSID is that network that you will find when you try to access Tenda_Ext wifi network. You can easily explore the wifi networks from your mobile, tablets and computer devices. When you change the network name for your device, you will need to reboot your wireless devices and then you can find the available signals for your device.
Here are the Steps to Change SSID and WiFi Access Password
- Provide power supply to your Tenda wifi extender device.
- Make sure that power status LED is solid green in colour.
- From your computer device you will need to search for the WiFi network available. For Tenda wifi extender device you will find Tenda_Ext wifi extender.
- Select the wifi network and click on “Connect” button.
- You can then access Tenda WiFi extender login page using tenda.cn login page.
- There you will find the Tenda extender configuration page.
- There you can easily change the SSID name and wifi access password for your extender device.
Once you change these settings, you will need to save the configurations by clicking on “Save” button. Because your SSID name and password is now changed so all computer and mobile devices will get disconnected from internet connections.
You will need to search for the new wifi network from the WiFi tray of your device and then you can once again click on “Connect” button. Wifi access password must be unique and hard to guess for any one. If you need to secure your wifi access then you must change the wifi access password time to time.